Monday, June 9, 2008

I'M BACK!!







Been a long time since my last post and I want to thank Sarah and her lovely ladies for the gentle prod in the back ... for my return............Been busy with the quilting, but naughty for not taking picture of some of the item I gave away.Here is a wallhanging I did for my husband's birthday in march. I was just going to do it with just pictures of him in his youth, then I decided it needed a few oldies from our courting days, then I found some great photos of him as a child and his parents, then I added my favourite wedding pic and one of our 4 children together {that is a rare find} so before I knew it, the small wallhanging became a bit larger than intended. The material is yultide blessing and I love the florals, nearly matches my bikini!

5 comments:

Solstitches said...

What a unique and very lovely quilt!
This is my first visit to your blog - I saw the gorgeous pillow you made on Sarah's blog and had to come over here to see what else you've done.
Your work is different and very special.

Margaret

Roseanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roseanne said...

I would like to have a go at this some time.The pillow is very nice and what a keep sake .keep up the good work . Welcome back to blogger land

Sarah said...

welcome back to blog land Mum!!
Nice wallhanging I bet dad loved it!!
We want to make a photo quilt for MIL and FIL's 50th wedding anniversary in march, so me and roseanne have been checking yours out for inspiration
xx sarah

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a lovely wall hanging...and welcome back I have just come over from your love daughters blog....look forward to reading lots of posts....